RE: file: scheme (was: Status of ftp:///?)

Hi,

I agree that Larry's approach to getting out a basic 'file' URI
document quickly is a good idea.

If the new 'file' URI RFC merely had an Informative appendix of
known ambiguities that would be fine.  A _next_ version of the RFC could try
to resolve some or all of those ambiguities.

Cheers,
- Ira

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839