Re: Status of ftp:///?

Paul Hoffman wrote:

>> do you have an XML source to add the missing details posted
>> here ?

> Sent off-line.

Thanks, got it.  I've created a preliminary -05 version based
on it:

http://purl.net/xyzzy/home/test/draft-hoffman-news-nntp-uri-05.xml
http://purl.net/xyzzy/home/test/draft-hoffman-news-nntp-uri-05.txt

It integrates most of the changes discussed here.  It's valid
XML according to Bill's validator.  I've added the credits for
Alfred S. Gilman and a short explanation about snews.

The "wildmat" stuff is a syntactical nightmare, therefore I've
replaced it by a vague note and the original RfC 1738 idea "*".
For "common practice" that's exactly as it should be.

If Charles has no objection to be listed as coauthor and if you
find no typo - I have no spell checker, there must be typos -
and if you like it please submit it as I-D.  That requires to
change two characters in the XML source:

s/<!-- no I-D -->/<!-- no I-D - >/ in the 1st "no I-D" line,
s/<!-- no I-D -->/<! - no I-D -->/ in the 2nd "no I-D" line,
....................^..........^.. near the top of the source.

> documents that use "<" and ">" liberally are hard to covert
> to XML. :-)

My XHTML script has no idea what XML is, but worked as expected
for Charles' plain text.  But the references and ABNF artworks
were time consuming. ;->
                          Bye, Frank