RE: draft-hansen various comments

From: Larry Masinter <LMM@acm.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 12:27:20 -0700
To: "'Mark Baker'" <distobj@acm.org>
Cc: uri@w3.org

I'm working on updating draft-hansen according to comments
so far.

http://larry.masinter.net/draft-hansen-2717bis-2718bis-uri-guidelines-05.txt
  (and .xml and .html).

I'll send this in tomorrow unless I hear loud squawking.

Changes:

I've made some minor updates to section 2.4, and added a reference
to 2.4 from the template.

I think that the entire 2.3 'well-defined' implies defining
a 'protocol'. If you have a protocol that involves choosing between
multiple protocols, it's still a 'protocol', just a complicated one.

I added a section 2.5 on "context of use" and made
"application/protocols" refer to it.

I prefer "HTTP" as the name of the HyperText Transfer Protocol,
and "http" as the name of the URI scheme that identifies
resources accessible using it.