RE: Duplication of provisional URI namespace tokens in 2717/8-bis

Hi,

I disagree with Dan's argument below.

In the existing RFC 2717/2718, there is a provision for
'alternative trees' and URI schemes that included a hyphen
were definitely not IETF/IANA registered.

If in Dan's example below, the 'wizzy:' scheme was instead
'vendorco-wizzy:' the chance of collision would be orders
of magnitude less (especially if 'vendorco' was the DNS
domain name registered to VendorCo).

There is no demonstrable advantage at all to IANA registering
non-unique tokens (nor any precedent in any previous IANA-
maintained registry).

Cheers,
- Ira

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc