RE: New URI registration draft; significant changed

Good example. So if a scheme's ABNF doesn't re-use a lot of productions
from 3986, creating a separate ABNF for the IRI form isn't very helpful.
For a scheme like http it might be more useful, but 3987 already makes
it clear that to check syntax you have to first map to a URI, so maybe
an IRI version of the ABNF is never a good idea.

3987, though, gives the scheme designer certain options like

- Treatment of IDN components in normalization and comparison.
Application of RFC3490 and RFC3491, for example, or for which components
conversion to punycode doesn't affect equivalence. (Sections 3.1, 3.2.1
and 5.3.3 of IRI)
- Components to which BIDI restrictions apply (Section 4.2 of IRI)
- Whether BIDI restrictions in section 4.2 are strictly enforced for
various components of the IRI
- Case sensitivity for non-ASCII characters (5.3.2.1)

Most of these don't relate directly to the URI scheme definition, but
they have to appear somewher. What about an "IRI Considerations" section
as a standard part of scheme definition?

Dave