From: Kitchen Pages [mailto:jrobinson@kitchenpages.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 5:08 AM
To: uri@w3.org
Cc: Weibel,Stu
Subject: Re: Addressing the name speculation problem

Hi Stu, I know its in the air but I kind of like the ideal expressed in regards to a TLD kind of system.
Are you suggesting something like the following, just as an example:

[1] Microsoft bin
[1] using Windows
[1] interface of Explorer
[1] scheme - file:///
1.1.1.1

[2] Borland bin
[1] using Windows
[1] interface of MyOwnBrowser
[2] scheme - file://
2.1.1.2

[3] Novell (suse) bin
[1] using Linux kernel 2.26
[1] interface of anotherBrowser
[3] scheme - file:/
3.1.1.3

If so; then I am +1 for such an ideal, or similar- Cheers :-) With each paying a fee when at the interface level, except the last as it would go through a process of acceptance.
No reply needed.

Kind regards,
Jason
jrobinson@kitchenpages.com