Re: Are we done with draft-hoffman-ftp-uri-02.txt?

Paul Hoffman / IMC wrote:

>> Maybe add "but binary should be a safe guess" in 2.4.

> Why? It has nothing to do with the URI scheme, only
> with the FTP protocol itself.

s/2.4/2.3/  Yes, forget it, it's the responsibility of
the client.  In command line ftp sessions I often had
the "default ASCII" problem, but a proper client won't
be so stupid. ;-)

How about a warning in section 2.1 or 3, that a good
e-mail address sent to anonymous ftp servers could be
abused to harvest addresses ?  It's one of the things
I've never tested with my browsers.

                       Bye, Frank