Re: Dropping 'gopher', 'wais', 'prospero'

At 13:55 04/10/22, Larry Masinter wrote:

 >Just to be clear that this isn't a new position on
 >my part, I'll point you at
 >
 >http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/uri/2003Sep/0019.html
 >and before that
 >http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/uri/2003Mar/0043.html

Repeating positions usually doesn't help much in discussions.

Given that Paul has already written the 'gopher', 'wais',
and 'prospero' drafts, what about for example publish these
docs as informational? This would keep things documented,
but clearly signal that they are not on the standards track.

Regards,    Martin.