Re: Status of the RFC 1738 replacements

From: John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 23:46:37 -0400
To: Larry Masinter <LMM@acm.org>
Cc: uri@w3.org

Larry Masinter scripsit:

> I continue to think 'gopher', 'prospero' and 'wais' should be dropped,
> and that there is no reason to maintain them in standards
> track, that publishing new RFCs describing these is not
> a good use of IETF resources; unless the documents are published
> on April 1, the schemes don't belong in standards track.

I agree wrt "prospero" and "wais", but not "gopher".  There are still
considerable gopher resources out there, and after many releases of
not working, Mozilla has support for gopher URIs once again.

--
Barry gules and argent of seven and six,        John Cowan
on a canton azure fifty molets of the second.   jcowan@reutershealth.com