An Internet-Draft on literal scoped addresses with accompanying zone IDs in URIs

Folks,

  When looking at the URI/IRI literal scoped address format (nee RFC 2732,
now rolled into the uri/iri specs), we noticed that there was a small gap -
you can't specify a zone ID.  Since some implementations require a zone ID
to connect to a possibly-ambiguous scoped address even if it's not actually
ambiguous, this is potentially a real problem.  My thought is having to
configure a home router/dhcp/dns server via HTTP via a link-local address
when it's lost its configuration; another scenario is SNMP URIs that get
passed between different agents/managers on the same system.

  Some think that this problem space is so small it's not worth it; I think
it's at least worth throwing out a strawman and seeing what happens to it,
especially since this proposal includes a modification to the grammar for
zone IDs in draft-ietf-ipv6-scoping-arch; better to do that before it gets
published as an RFC if we're going to.

  The I-D announcement follows.  It's quite short, so please take a look.

Thanks,

  Bill & Martin.

----- Begin forwarded message: