Re: Status of the RFC 1738 replacements

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 06:37:27 +0000, Clive D.W. Feather <clive@demon.net>
wrote:

> Paul Hoffman / IMC said:
>> I updated the "news and nntp" draft to reflect the discussion on the
>> list. I think I captured all of the threads, except that I explicitly
>> didn't put in a definition for nntp. Two people wanted a new
>> definition, but didn't say what they wanted. My guess is that this
>> one is going to need another round or two. If anyone wants a
>> definition for nntp, they *must* send full proposed text to the list,
>> and I would want to hear at least a handful of people say that it
>> seems reasonable.
>
> The NNTPEXT group is busy finalizing its documents and I think that many
> people (certainly including me) don't have time to look at this. We
> should
> be done soon, so it might be better to wait until we can offer you some
> attention.

Yes, looking at the latest news/nntp draft is on my list of "things to
do", but I have been away for a week, and lots of other things need
looking at too :-( .

But I shall comment as soon as I can.

Tel: +44 161 436 6131 Fax: +44 161 436 6133   Web: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~chl
Email: chl@clerew.man.ac.uk      Snail: 5 Clerewood Ave, CHEADLE, SK8 3JU, U.K.