Re: draft-fielding-uri-rfc2396bis-05.txt

Hello Roy,

At 16:35 04/05/25 -0700, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

>On Tuesday, May 25, 2004, at 01:28  AM, Martin Duerst wrote:
>>At 17:58 04/05/21 -0700, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>>
>>>FYI, I was about ready to submit draft 05 to the IESG when I reviewed
>>>the latest procedures and found that the draft is missing a few
>>>required sections.  It would appear that a simultaneous update
>>>of RFC 2717 and RFC 2718 is also necessary for the sake of the
>>>required section on IANA considerations.
>>
>>Can you give a bit more detail or pointers?
>
>A new checklist was published to replace the nits, as described below.

Many thanks for the pointer. It helped me add an IANA section to
the IRI draft at the last moment. I'm not sure why you would need
an update to RFC 2717 and RFC 2718. Wouldn't it simply be enough
to say, in your IANA section, that the relevant references to
RFC 2396 in RFC 2717 and RFC 2718 should be replaced by RFC
2396bis? I have copied Ted Hardie, maybe he can help here?

Regards,    Martin.