RE: removing constraints on 'resource' [024-identity]; consider 'tdb'

From: Larry Masinter <LMM@acm.org>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 15:14:40 -0700
To: "'Joshua Allen'" <joshuaa@microsoft.com>, "'Dan Brickley'" <danbri@w3.org>, "'Norman Walsh'" <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Cc: uri@w3.org, msabin@milessabin.com, tbray@textuality.com

I recently updated and resubmitted

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-masinter-dated-uri-04.txt

Using "tdb", it is very clear how you can take anything you can
describe and create a URI for it. With "tdb", a resource really
can be anything.

On the other hand, I don't think it's reasonable to use "http" URIs
to do RDF's heavy lifting of grounding assertions about the world
in the real world. Fortunately, I don't think we need to solve
RDF's problems in this area to make progress on updating RFC 2396.

I was going to hold off asking for 'last call' on the tdb/duri
URN namespaces until RFC2396bis was clear, but perhaps it would
help!

Larry
--
http://larry.masinter.net