grammar fix for path

From: Roy T. Fielding <fielding@gbiv.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 18:51:34 -0800
Cc: uri@w3.org
To: Ray Merkert <rmerkert@alphatech.com>

On Tuesday, February 17, 2004, at 04:01  AM, Ray Merkert wrote:
> I was just in the middle of looking at IRIs, when I noticed something
> strange. It seems the
> URI 'http://w3c.org:80path1/path2' has become a valid URI, at least
> according to the
> collected BNF grammar in draft-fielding-uri-rfc2396bis-04.txt.

I have tried various ways of explaining it in the text and finally
went back to multiple definitions of path, though I hope I've done
a better job of disambiguating the different cases than I did for
2396.  I would appreciate it if the grammar-driven parsing experts
could have a look at

    http://gbiv.com/protocols/uri/rev-2002/rfc2396bis.html  (or .xml)

and see if the new ABNF rules work (I've already tested them with
the abnf.c tool).

....Roy