Re: FW: fragment prose proposal

From: Tony Hammond <thammond_2004@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 15:09:26 +0000
To: derhoermi@gmx.net
Cc: uri@w3.org

One would expect a broswer to understand a generic URI string /in context/.
E.g. a browser could see something like

and recognize (al teast) that this was a valid URI, albeit it may have no
clue how to dereference it. But it could at least take some kind of action
(popup window, or changing the presentation semantics of the link) rather
than imply that this is in any way defective (unregistered,
undereferenceable, etc).

And of course it should also recognize that

Tony