RE: Percent-encoding in host

From: Dave McAlpin <Dave.McAlpin@epok.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 02:30:23 -0400
To: "Martin Duerst" <duerst@w3.org>, <uri@w3.org>
Got it. I knew ASCII characters were valid UTF-8 sequences so I'm not sure why that sentence tripped me up. It may be because I assumed the previous sentence, which requires UTF-8 encoding for non-ASCII characters, already disallowed non-UTF-8 encoded characters in host. Anyway, I just read too much into it.  Thanks for the clarification.

Dave