RE: Review of IETF netann Draft

Martin -

Thanks for the review.  I've got some questions in-line.

In theory, any special prefix suffers the same problem.  "annc" takes away from the namespace the same as "special-annc".

In practice, it is in fact the way SIP is used that makes the namespace issue a non-problem.  The "reserved" users are typically at a device or proxy.  They are not exposed externally, as discussed in Section 6 of the draft.

> Another issue I think is the use of URIs within URIs.
> You use examples with quotes:
>        sip:annc@ms2.example.net; \
>            play="http://audio.example.net/allcircuitsbusy.g711"
> and examples without quotes:
>          sip:annc@ms.example.net; \
>              play=file://fs.example.net/clips/my-intro.dvi; \
>              content-type=video/mpeg%3bencode%d3314M-25/625-50
>
> My general observation of practice in many different places is to
> 1) not use quotes or anything similar, and 2) to only escape
> what needs to be escaped (although more escaping is often
> done because implementations of escaping try not to be
> context-dependent).

That is an excellent suggestion which will go into the next draft.

> As an aside, the 'locale' production also has problems,
> because it limits languages to those that have two-letter
> codes (see RFC 3066).

Absolutely correct -- I'll fix this one, too, refering to RFC3066.

> Hope this helps,     Martin.

Thank you very much for your review of the draft!