Re: draft-fielding-uri-rfc2396bis-07 ABNF

At 14:07 05/12/04 -0500, Bruce Lilly wrote:

>The subject draft states:
>
>    The ABNF for URI and URI-reference has been redesigned to make them
>    more friendly to LALR parsers and reduce complexity.
>
>However, attempting to use that ABNF with an LALR parser yielded
>literally hundreds of shift/reduce and (more importantly)
>reduce/reduce conflicts.  A GLR parser was fare any better with the
>ABNF.
>
>Are there any implementations using the ABNF as specified in the draft?

My Haskell implementation [1] is hand-coded, but attempts to follow the
given syntax very closely.  But my approach is top-down, not LALR, so that
probably doesn't answer your question.

#g
--

[1] http://www.ninebynine.org/Software/HaskellUtils/Network/URI.hs