RE: The OpenURL - A Distinguished URI?

Hello Tim,

yes... I think we agree. I wasn't imagining folks as saying the use of
OpenURL was "complusory". I was seeing a potenial nuisance of: "http scheme
URI references that have a query component which looks like an OpenURL...
are OpenURL and necessarily refer whatever the OpenURL spec say they refers
to."

We are saying... well only if the relevant assignment authority indicates
that as a matter of policy the query component conforms to the OpenURL spec
for some set of URI administered by that authority.

Stuart