Re: uri, urn and info

On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 17:45, Eric Hellman wrote:
> looking further, I see that there was an "eastlake" draft that IETF
> seems to have deep-sixed. I learned, tantalizingly, that Graham
> Klyne, Ted Hardie and Michael Mealling did some work to perhaps
> create uris for iana registered stuff, their draft is also expired by
> ietf, so I cannot tell  what they found.

That draft ended up becoming RFC 3553 (BCP 73) which recommends someting
like this structure:

urn:ietf:params:media-types:application:vnd.kde.kword

The only thing that needs to be done is a short document published
asking the IANA to assign these and the exact form it would take. At
some point Graham and I were working on it but real life got in the
way...

Given the simplicity of the document I suspect it could be done within a
month or so....

Is the form urn:ietf:params:media-types:<type>:<subtype> sufficient?

-MM