Re: new URI schemes, where to keep

Hi Giovanni,

At 10:26 AM 10/2/2003 +0200, giovanni@wup.it wrote:
>Sandro Hawke came up with an idea for identifying generic ideas of objects
>or even persona moods that's called "taguri" (www.taguri.org) .. the funny
>part is that i currently believe in the utility of such a scheme more than
>he does anymore (last time we talked he seemed to have been convinced that
>is a "broken web architecture".. ) :-) I am writing a sw application and i
>believe i will use his scheme.

As the other co-author of tags
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kindberg-tag-uri-04.txt), I
still firmly believe in their utility and I'm glad to hear you agree!

>But what will it happen to it once it has faded as draft? Should i include
>the specifications with the release of my software?

We're still pursuing tags as an RFC.  I know it's awfully slow but I
believe we finally have a path to completion.

Cheers,

Tim.

Tim Kindberg
hewlett-packard laboratories