Postscript to discussion on URI denotations...

From: Graham Klyne <gk@ninebynine.org>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 10:57:47 +0100
To: <uri@w3.org>

This message from Drew McDermott just appeared on another list...
The important point is that a vocabulary provide the necessary
lubrication for interagent discourse.  If everyone uses it, and
everyone agrees on the meanings of the terms, or agrees 99% of the
time, then web services will be useful and roboust.
-- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws/2003May/0066.html

I found this message interesting in that it addresses the issue of a common
referent for shared vocabulary terms while explaining that this common
meaning doesn't need to be hardwired into the languages we use.

Graham Klyne