Re: temporal URI fragments

From: Roy T. Fielding <fielding@apache.org>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 14:37:58 +0200
Cc: uri@w3.org, Conrad.Parker@csiro.au
To: Silvia.Pfeiffer@csiro.au

> I don't understand, Larry - why do you believe that the proposal does
> not work with current HTTP (RFC 2616) and RTSP? We have implemented it
> with current standard-conformant software and have not had to change
> anything in the protocols. Could you please explain your reasoning in
> more detail?

I believe that it only appears to work because you were not testing
with a proxy and because the Apache code will ignore non-compliant
parts of a request-URI for the sake of robustness.  A future version
might redirect such a request with a 301 --- highly probable
given that rewriting the httpd URI parsers is on my list of things
to do after the spec is complete.

....Roy