Re: /./ and /../

From: S. Mike Dierken <mdierken@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 21:43:58 -0800
To: <uri@w3.org>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Bray" <tbray@textuality.com>

> Nope.  Peering deep into my high-powered research lab... I created a
> test file as follows:

[...]
> Maybe things are different on Windows & linux? -Tim

A standalone .html disk file loaded in IE on Windows (via file: uri)
displays a normalized url (no dots) in the status bar, but the auto-link
detector in Outlook Express (it underlines and turns blue stuff that looks
like a link within a plain text document) does not normalize the url - it
shows up with dots.

Just fyi.