Draft language on URI comparison practices

From: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 14:09:08 -0800
To: uri@w3.org

In connection with the work of the W3C TAG, I undertook the task of
documenting in-the-field practices as to how software can and should go
about the very common task of comparing URIs.  The latest draft of this,
which I think represents TAG consensus, is at
http://www.textuality.com/tag/uri-comp-4.html.

The TAG (including two 2396 co-authors) thinks that one plausible way to
use this text would be to fold some or all it into RFC2396bis.  So I'm
posting here to offer it for that purpose.  -Tim