(slightly) request for URI BOF scheduling

From: Larry Masinter <LMM@acm.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 12:31:59 -0800
To: <agenda@ietf.org>
Cc: "'Patrik Fältström'" <paf@cisco.com>, "'Lisa Dusseault'" <lisa@xythos.com>, "Jim Whitehead" <ejw@cse.ucsc.edu>, "'Roy Fielding'" <fielding@apache.org>, <uri@w3.org>, "Martin J. Dürst" <duerst@w3.org>

I've updated the proposed "agenda" to improve the 'goals'
of the various sessions.

Because of various individual constraints, the request
is for a BOF for URI at the next IETF on Thursday
(preferably in the morning) and also that
WebDAV be scheduled close (the same or adjacent day).

Agenda and goals:

* 30 minutes (Roy Fielding)
      Review plans for revising RFC 3696 (URI) to Standard
     http://www.apache.org/~fielding/uri/rev-2002/issues.html
     Goal: disseminate information about activity
           encourage focus on issues in issue list
           create schedule & milestones

* 15 minutes (Martin Duerst)
   Review plans for IRI (as Proposed Standard)
      Discussion of current state, IAB concerns
      Goal: review IAB issues & coordination with DNS I18N
            review process & mailing list
            establish schedule & milestones

* 15 minutes (Patrik Fältström)
   Discuss "process for registering new URI schemes"
   Review mailing list, process, and 'experts' for URI
      scheme registration.
   Goal: refine process to insure timely and complete feedback