Re: Good/Bad - URI encoding in HTML editor

From: Aaron Swartz <me@aaronsw.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 12:50:36 -0500
Cc: uri@w3.org
To: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
On Tuesday, May 21, 2002, at 12:21  PM, Karl Dubost wrote:

[...]

I don't see any difference between the two. Is the second meant to have
an &amp;?

[...]
 > So my question is do the slahes MUST be or not encoded in a query part
of an URL?

Well the RFC says:

    If the data for a URI component would conflict with the
    reserved purpose, then the conflicting data must be escaped before
    forming the URI.

I think that basically, if the URL works works with the server, then
you're OK.

  - Aaron <http://www.aaronsw.com/>