Re: URIs for SMS and postal addresses

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 16:30:33 -0000
To: "Tristan Ferne" <tristan.ferne@rd.bbc.co.uk>
Cc: <uri@w3.org>
> Postal addresses
> I found a discussion on this mailing list from March 2001
> containing a proposal from Sean B. Palmer and I was
> wondering if this was taken any further.

I haven't done anything about the scheme since 2001-03, since I didn't
really have a use for it myself. The problem is, using a set (or
"constellation" as Sandro likes to call it) of unambiguous properties
in RDF is a very attractive alternative. The utility of creating a new
URI scheme, and making them FCOs, is if these objects should be easily
addressable anywhere.

Of course, you're free to do what you want with the scheme - take it
on to registration if you have a use for it.

--
Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer