Resolving Relative URIs.

From: Jason Diamond <jason@injektilo.org>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 14:31:57 -0800
To: <uri@w3.org>
Hi, I have a question regarding the examples in Appendix C.2 of RFC2396.

It says:

> Similarly, parsers must avoid treating "." and ".." as special when
> they are not complete components of a relative path.
>
>       /./g          =  http://a/./g

My question regards this first example. My implementation is resolving this
relative URI (with http://a/b/c/d;p?q as the base URI) as http://a/g. Every
other example in Appendix C is passing for me. I must have a bug but I'm
confused as to why the dot in the above example isn't "complete component of
a relative path" that should get stripped. Can anybody enlighten me?

Thanks,
Jason.