Possible Problems with an URI scheme?

From: Jimmy Cerra <jimbofc@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 19:32:12 -0400
To: <uri@w3.org>
Hi all.

I'm writing a MathML-Presentation processor in JavaScript, and I needed a way to
transverse the document tree.  Xpath is too complicated (at least for me and my
little project), so I devised a location-path for each element in the XML
document in the form as a URI.

The details can be found here: http://www.pitt.edu/~jfcst24/exa-RD.txt  I only
intend to use this for my projects involving the processor that I choose
(Xparse.js).  Still, it is useful to have a specific reference to program to;
hence the reason I wrote this.

What problems do you see with this scheme?

---
Jimmy Cerra