RE: Resolving references against base URIs

At 15:45 2002 04 11 +0100, Williams, Stuart wrote:
>Hi Jeremy,
>
>Hmmm....
>
>> e,f,i,j,k,l
>> Base does apply to same document references in RDF/XML
>
>I think that you're changing the semantics of URI references as defined in
>RFC2396, particularly section 4.2, same document references. I think your
>answers would be correct only for those cases where the in-scope base URI
>and the URI from which the document were retrieved are the same.

Stuart,

I'm not sure what you are saying here--can you expand?  I haven't been able
to see Jeremy's HTML file, and I'm not sure I understand what his answers
are in the cases he lists below, but I don't see how the in-scope base URI
and the document's retrieval URI could affect same document references.

paul