Re: RFC2518 (WebDAV) / RFC2396 (URI) inconsistency

> But I'd point out that "about:" appears to me to be designed to be
> a relative URI; if IE supported "about:", it wouldn't pop up
> Communicator's info screen, it would pop up one about IE.

Ditto what Martin said -- that is confusing the terminology.  A relative
URI is a syntax construct (one name relative to another name), not a mapping
construct (one location relative to another location).  A URI like

identifies the newsgroup even though the representation retrieved by
accessing that newsgroup will depend on context (configuration of NNTP
host and the amount of that news feed that has propagated to that host).

....Roy