Re: comments on draft-eastlake-cturi-01.txt

Larry Masinter <masinter@Adobe.COM> wrote:

> Those are all points of failure. Why introduce them? They're
> unnecessary bits of social practice.

Even if all of those suggestions of failure are true (which I doubt) the
URIs will last on even if there is nothing underneath them (i.e. the XHTML
pages). Systems can treat them as opaque strings if they like, just as they
would if you used the URNs you are suggesting. But they can also attempt to
deference them and see what's there (if things are still working).

You don't lose anything.

[I'm not Dan Connolly but I occasionally play him on email lists ;-)]