Comments on draft-masinter-url-i18n-08.txt, please

From: Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 15:40:35 +0900
To: uri@w3.org
Cc: "Larry Masinter" <masinter@adobe.com>
Dear URI Experts,

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-masinter-url-i18n-08.txt
about the internationalization of URIs (called IRIs) has recently
been updated and published.

This has been around for a long time, but we plan to move ahead with it
in the very near future. Please have a look at the document,
and send me any comments that you have soon.

Many thanks in advance,     Martin.

	Title		: Internationalized Resource Identifiers (IRI)
	Author(s)	: L. Masinter, M. Duerst
	Filename	: draft-masinter-url-i18n-08.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 28-Nov-01

This document defines a new protocol element, an Internationalized
Resource Identifier (IRI). An IRI is a sequence of characters from
the Universal Character Set [10646]. A mapping from IRIs to URIs
[RFC 2396] is defined, which means that IRIs can be used instead
of URIs where appropriate to identify resources

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-masinter-url-i18n-08.txt