Re: URI Test Suite

From: Aaron Swartz <aswartz@upclink.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 00:00:49 -0500
Cc: uri@w3.org
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@akamai.com>
On Friday, August 10, 2001, at 10:43  PM, Mark Nottingham wrote:

> You remind me - I logged a bug with Python a while back regarding
> their urlparse module; it represents a URI as a six-tuple
>
>   ( scheme, authority, path, parameters, query, fragment )
>
> As I read 2396, parameters can occur as a suffix to *each* path
> segment, not only on the final one. Guido's response was "great! fix
> it!", but I haven't had time to make a go of it.

Interesting. Someone pointed your bug report out to me and they
are very much related. The reason Python fails the test suite is
because it treats queries and parameters specially, where as
RFC2396 treats them only as a normal part of the path segment.
So perhaps the solution is to just get rid of parameters and
query...