Re: [Fwd: Re: Approval of initial Dublin Core Interoperabiity Qualifiers]

From: Martin J. Duerst <duerst@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 11:42:32 +0900
To: "Sam Sun (@sun2)" <ssun@cnri.reston.va.us>, "Larry Lannom" <llannom@cnri.reston.va.us>
Cc: "Ray Denenberg" <rden@loc.gov>, "W3C URI List" <uri@w3.org>, "Norman Paskin" <n.paskin@doi.org>
At 00/05/12 14:19 -0400, Sam Sun (@sun2) wrote:

>C) And, there is also what we called the Handle Proxy Syntax, defined as :
>
>http://dx.doi.org/<handle>
>   ;subject to HTTP syntax definition, using HTTP protocol

I tried to use that one, with an example given by Larry:
http://dx.doi.org/10.1000/170

I got to a PDF version of a paper:

E-Citations : actionable identifiers and scholarly referencing
Norman Paskin, International DOI Foundation
Version 1.2

The location field in my browser changed to
http://www.doi.org/citations.pdf. I'm not sure whether
this is a generic response, or actually the paper Larry
was pointing at.

Regards,   Martin.