Re: XML Base for relative URIs: Interpretation of 5.1 of RFC 2396

At 00/07/11 12:27 -0400, liberte@crystaliz.com wrote:

>Perhaps the problem is really about whether the encapsulation
>of one document by another happens on the client-side or server-side,
>and moreover, as the boundary between client and server melts away
>because, for example, the encapsulation of XML could be done on either
>the client or the server, this distinction becomes problematic.

Yes indeed. XML entity inclusion can occur both on the server side
and on the client side. And once something is included, it's not
possible anymore to see entity boundaries.

That's why in my opinion, URI bases should extend into external
entities.

Regards,   Martin.