Re: XML Base for relative URIs: Interpretation of 5.1 of RFC 2396

Howdy,

Paul Grosso wrote:
> Not to my way of thinking.  The idea of "encapsulated entity" in
> section 5.1.2 of RFC 2396 is not really parallel to external
> entities--if anything, it is more similar to internal entities.
>
> XML external entities are separate resources with their own
> URI by which they are retrieved, and some (most?) resources that
> are, at times, processed as XML external entities can, in fact,
> be read/parsed/treated as an XML document entity themselves at
> other times.

As are HTML documents encapsulated in MIME.

I don't see that encapsulation is a deprecation of the entity being
encapsulated.

Leslie.

"My body obeys Aristotelian laws of physics."
   -- ThinkingCat

Leslie Daigle
leslie@thinkingcat.com