RE: IURI questions

You asked me and the rest of the list, but the truth is that I don't
have a good idea about the actual deployment of IURI; I think it's an idea
that needs validation. If it works for you (and others) that's good evidence
that we might move it forward as a Proposed Standard.

So the answer to "how hard should I work?" I think that you should
try to get some normalization code that works for you.