Re: [URN] URI documents -- "# fragment"

Might be worth noting that #fragment is utterly bogus.  It is a positional identifier
and cannot be recycled for server-side fragments because it has been consumed by legacy web applications.

The only relevance for URIs is that applications expecting to move an identifier through
HTTP URLs (e.g, URN resolution) must quote #. This is why PDI switched from # to $.

It is unwise to reify legacy design decisions in all possible future identifiers.
Such over encumbering of URIs reduces degrees of freedoms needed for evolution and
shortens the longevity of any URI framework, ie hastening the time when all identifiers
must be discarded and one must start from scratch.