Re: proposed rewrite of 2.1 of draft-fielding-uri-syntax ...

At 02:40 1998-01-07 PST, Larry Masinter wrote:
>Patrik:
>
>The document intended for Draft Standard is mainly saying that it is
>*NOT SOLVING* the URI internationalization problem. We're not doing that
>here. If you want to work on solving that problem, I suggest you
>start with 'draft-masinter-url-i18n-00.txt', which Martin Duerst is
>now editing.

I will have a look at that document, sorry for not referencing it.

The background I had was that URNs are defined to be in UTF-8 encoded
UNICODE already, which means that for some URIs, already, we have to be
very very careful with what we mean with "character" and other words.

   Patrik

Email: paf@swip.net            URL: http://www.tele2.se
PGP: 4D38 91A4 27D9 C8B2 6975  D6BB 21D0 4C57 BD23 6602