Re: Recursive look up of base in outer headers

At 09.05 -0400 97-08-30, Al Gilman wrote:
> Some reading I have done recently in the HTML 4 draft suggests
> that webmasters are interested in managing metadata such as
> locators for "house styles" on a directory (file tree) basis and
> not always at the atomic file level.  This is probably reflective
> of archive management practices more generally.  This suggests
> that bringing the MHTML base-finding rules in line with RFC 1808
> would be more consistent with the way that many of the files to
> be transmitted as MIME parts are managed at their originating
> sites, and you are more likely to get header usage in practice
> that matches the published rules.

Does your statement answer the question on which has highest
priority in deriving the base, an inner Content-Location or
an outer Content-Base?

Does this mean that people are mapping directory structure to MIME
multiparts? For example, if you have a directory structure:

dir1
   file1.1
   dir1.2
      file1.2.1