Re: "Difficult Characters" draft

On Wed, 7 May 1997, Alain LaBont/e'/ wrote:

> A 11:23 97-05-07 +0200, Martin J. Duerst a écrit :
> >I think we pretty much agree that we should discourage URLs with
> >accented uppercase letters.
>
> I personally do not, nor any of my colleagues... We would agree with this
> if upper case were not allowed.

To be more precise, could you then agree to the suggestion
that uppercase accented letters should be discouraged in
URLs intended for a general "France-French" audience, given
as an example of how case might affect URLs, the reason for
this being the current widespread use of keyboards that make
it difficult to enter such characters?

Regards, 	Martin.