Re: Use of ";" in relative URLs: procedural issue?

On Mon, 3 Feb 1997, Larry Masinter wrote:
> This is quite attractive, and is important for some schemes.  No one
> seems to implement this currently, though, so introducing it at this
> point seems like we would at least have to start over at "Proposed
> Standard", and should only do so if the consensus of the community is
> that this is the right thing to do.
>
> So, do you think this is the right thing to do?

As I don't believe recycling at Proposed will cause significant deployment
problems with URLs (I can't think of a more widely deployed Internet
protocol :-), and I think this is a good idea, I'm all for the change.
Especially since the IMAP URL scheme needs it, IMHO.