Re: CID: and MID: URL schemes

To put the special character issue more succintly:

	id-spec := local-part "@" addr-spec
		   ; Globally unique
		   ; Characters in [RFC1738] unreserved
		   ; must be escaped with [RFC1738] escape

That says it all!  The words trying to explain the "restriction" can
be eliminated.  Latter on the draft would say

	To transform a cidurl or midurl into a valid content-id or
	message-id, replace the [RFC1738] escape sequences by the
	actual character and surround the resultant string with the
	enclosing brackets, i.e.,

		content-id := "<" raw-spec ">"

		message-id := "<" raw-spec ">"

		raw-spec:  := id-spec
				; escape seqeuences replaced with
				; actual characters

Seems pretty straigtforward to me.  Systems are free to %hex encode
whatever they want.

Thanks.../Ed