Re: OCLC's URN Services Proposal

At 09:02 AM 6/7/95 -0400, weibel@oclc.org wrote:
>Having just responded to Renata's comments on our URN Services
>Proposal, it occurs to me that a general announcement to the list about
>our proposal has not yet been made.

Hi,

As a (more or less :-) neutral party, I'm working with Ron to try to put
together the "stone soup party" revision of the URN bakeoff. I know of
all the URN proposals that have been discussed on the list. Is there
anyone else out there that's working on a URN proposal that hasn't been
announced? For that matter, is there anyone out there that's no longer
working on a URN proposal that has been announced :-)

Also, in Danvers, one of the URN proposals discussed was LIFNs. However,
as I recall, LIFNs contain meta data which led to some confusion as to
where LIFNs fall into the URI architecture. So I will pose this to Keith,
should LIFNs be considered in the context of URNs, URCs, or something
else?

Thanks,
Roxana

--
Roxana Bradescu                             email: roxanab@attmail.com
Information Services Architecture Dept.       tel: 1+908-949-2002