Re: URN Resolution Paths Considered Harmful

On Jul 5,  5:21pm, Larry Masinter wrote:
> Should someone be able to replicate a URN->URL service? I.e., is there
> a way to ask the URN->URL service: "What URNs do you resolve and what
> are their URLs?"
>
> Are there any privacy issues here?

The draft URC spec provides a query to obtain all the URNs provided
by a server. You would then have to do more work to get all the URCs.

There might be provacy issues, except that some queries are subject
to appropriate authorization. If someone doesn't want to hand that
info out to the world, they do not have to.

--
Ron Daniel Jr.                email: rdaniel@acl.lanl.gov
Advanced Computing Lab        voice: (505) 665-0597