Re: Automatic notification of TR publications

> On 02 Mar 2016, at 16:24, Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> As annonced a few weeks ago, the W3C System Team has started providing
> programmatic notifications of new publications of Technical Reports:
>  https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/spec-prod/2016JanMar/0026.html

Too late. :-) I already changed my scripts to read https://www.w3.org/2002/01/tr-automation/tr.rdf now that https://www.w3.org/TR/tr.xml is no longer reliable.

(It’s 20x bigger, but with Redland it is relatively easy to parse. I just had to study a bit how to write my query in SPARQL...)

And server push doesn’t seem such a good choice anyway: apart from the difficulty of setting up a server behind a NAT and getting an SSL certificate, there is also the risk of missing notifications. Or does the Webhook server retry failed push attempts, like SMTP servers do?

Bert