Re: DIagrams and PlantUML

On January 28, 2016 at 3:37:26 PM, Shane McCarron (shane@aptest.com) wrote:
> So, here are the options as I see them:
> 4. Tell people to generate static versions by hand and commit them into
> the repo.

This. Relying on a third party to do the conversion as a service from some proprietary format seems tremendously wasteful, insecure, etc. (all the things you mentioned).

> What do others think? Is there a more sensible way to approach this
> problem?

It's extremely rare that once a diagram is done, it will be updated very often... maybe one updates a diagram 10-20 times max during the whole life of a standards project (~5 years). So I would personally throw this into the "would be nice... someday after we finish the actual spec" pile.