Re: Pubrules: Use https for /TR documents

We have a similar issue in that DASH needs a URI to refer to the ‘kind’ table in HTML.

A current proposal is again to use the section URI:

 • The W3C HTML5 specification of track 'kind', as identified by the schemeURI [[TBD? https://www.w3.org/TR/html5/embedded-content-0.html#the-track-element]]

> On May 10, 2016, at 2:11 , Martin J. Dürst <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp> wrote:
>
> On 2016/05/10 01:37, Robert Sanderson wrote:
>
>> In the Web Annotation model we also refer to W3C specifications' URIs as a
>> means of identifying the URI fragment rules that they maintain.
>> For example, we currently recommend the URI   "
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/media-frags/" as a way to say "this fragment conforms
>> to the rules of the media fragments specification".
>> You can see the table here:
>> https://www.w3.org/TR/annotation-model/#fragment-selector
>>
>> I believe that this would also fall under the change to use https rather
>> than http URIs, correct?
>>
>> As we intend to go to CR in the next few weeks, would the recommendation be
>> to change to https now in advance?
>
> To me, this usage feels close to namespaces in functionality, so it may be worth discussing whether this can be treated the same way.
>
> Regards,   Martin.

David Singer
Manager, Software Standards, Apple Inc.